A Holistic Approach to Health & Performance
“As a young person,” says Dr. Jeff Barnett, “I was very active and played a lot of high level sports. I was interested in health and human performance and wanted a medium to apply that passion into a career. Then during university, I had a shoulder injury and a chiropractor helped me to heal. That personal experience compelled me to investigate chiropractic as a career, and the rest is history.”
Dr. Jeff attended Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, graduating with his Doctor of Chiropractic in 2006. Prior to attending Palmer, he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from the University of Calgary.
Dr. Jeff has a general family practice that that spans all age groups. His practice emphasis is also on the active individual, routinely working with recreational and elite hockey, football and lacrosse players, triathletes, runners, golfers, cyclists, weight lifters, and racquet sport athletes. He believes in an integrative and holistic approach to health to not only address your injury complaints, but also to determine the underlying causes of dysfunction in the body to help prevent future injury, improve quality of life, and maximize performance.
Dr. Barnett is proficient in the following:
- Chiropractic adjusting techniques: Diversified, Thompson Drop, Activator Methods, extremities
- Soft-tissue techniques: Graston Technique®, Active Release Techniques® (ART®), and radial shockwave therapy (RSWT)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment® (SFMA®) and Functional Movement Screen® (FMS®) certified
- Titleist Performance Institute® (TPI®) certified (golf specialization)
- Corrective exercise prescription
- Biomechanical assessment and orthotic casting
- Kinesiology taping
On a Personal Note
Dr. Barnett and his wife have 2 young kids and a loveable Westie. Outside of the clinic he enjoys hiking, camping, skiing, weight-training, golf, badminton and hockey.
Orchard Chiropractic and Wellness works within the community in a variety of capacities, including working with the local food bank, participating in local athletic events, and offering health workshops to various organizations.